Monday 19 November 2012

Evaluation. Question 7. Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

The development of the preliminary task was fairly smooth, time management was a vital factor in this task. Towards the end of the task, time was against me, and with a stronger schedule the final outcome could have been a stronger media product. Time could have allowed me to plan pictures more thoroughly for such things as the front cover. Features such as composition and perfectly creating an iconic/ conventional mise-en-scene could have lead to a stronger product. Improving this would involve me having to use stronger conventional features of a pop scene. Instead of this the final product conventionally represents and focuses on other topic e.g. fashion. Around the beginning of the music magazine, one key factor was put into place to allow for a steady and successful process though this was not fully met which I would change in the future.

I have learnt how to organise time into creating a successful production process but notso much time managing. This skill was primarily learnt at the end of the preliminary task as I was finding my position in 'production', 'distribution' and 'exhibition' methods. A solid and strong skill has been learnt in 'new media' technologies such as 'Photoshop' and ‘Illustrator’ that has allowed for me to create media products such as my magazine. Taking these skills onboard I have been able to adapt them to create a strong media product. Creating these products (preliminary and main) will allow me to expand skills into creating strong media products in the future for example in A2. Another area that I have strongly learnt about through the progression of this process is a clear understanding for the different 'media platforms' 'Print', 'New media' and 'Audio visual'. Such platforms as 'New media', has allowed for me to understand 'new' ways of creating a successful product as well as 'Exhibitioning' and 'distributing' it (digital media such as 'iPhones' instead of other media ways such as 'Print' and 'audio visual').

No comments:

Post a Comment