Monday 19 November 2012

Comparing my media products to existing media products. (Double Page Spread)

Lastly, This is my final version of my double page spread. I have decided to compare it with an existing media product that is of the same genre and that has provided conventional features and elements that I have transferred.



This is the double page spread of We Love Pop magazine. A feature that is similar in this product and my media product is the use of a 'BOLD' main header. This allows for the audience to be easily lured into the article. The We Love Pop's double page spread has a another 'lure' underneath the main, this is a feature that I have included on my media product. This allows for the audience to be lured into the article while flicking through the pages. Smaller images relating to the article are placed around the page in boxes, this allows for the articles main story to be backed up by extended 'imagery'. This is a feature that I have included on my media products double page spread. A final conventional aspect that I have come across as a widespread convention throughout magazines in general, is the use of 'text wrap'. This feature is used on the page of the NME which allows for text to seem more vibrant and fit smoothly instead of 'central' placement. This feature I have transferred onto my media product allowing for my product to closely look like real existing media product. 


No comments:

Post a Comment