Monday 19 November 2012

Comparing my media products to existing media products. (Front Page)

Here I am comparing my final versions with exising media products.

First of all my front page with another existing media product front page.



This is my final version of my front cover. I have decided to compare it with an existing media product that is of the same genre and that has provided conventional features and elements that I have transferred.
This is the front cover of an existing media product 'TOP OF THE POPS'. As you can see elements in this I have transferred to my media product. One main reason for this is due to the fact I want to create a realistic media product that uses the convention of music magazines in general as well as 'genre' specific products. In this example the artists are both looking towards the audience, this allows for them to engage with the reader, attracting their attention This is a conventional feature that I have transferred onto my product. The artists also are covering the title and header of the page. This feature is a conventional element I have come across with magazines in general. I felt that this was a strong features to use on my product. The 'main' article has the biggest lures on the page, this allows for the audience's attention to be attracted to a possible 'popular' band, the use of 'large' lures is a feature that I have transferred onto my product. As well as 'large' main lures, lures in general are in a large font allowing for the audience to be captivated by particular articles in the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment