Monday 19 November 2012

Evaluation. Question 6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

From the start of the preliminary task I had basic knowledge in using software such as Photoshop, Illustrator and In design to produce a media product. As well as software I had basic knowledge in taking pictures of an satisfactory standard. This is shown in the preliminary task where studio shots haven't been used. But along the way my skills have rapidly grown. At the start of the main task I had a stronger skill-set in laying out and producing strong content of a music magazine.

  • Photoshop specifically deals with controlling images, this is a skill that I have strongly adapted. I am now able to take a picture in a 'professional' way i.e. on a green screen, and use full media equipment e.g. the lights. I produced a detailed and professional image that will successfully reflect on the product and then I am able edit and amend in a certain way, an example of this is rasterizing an image of a person, saving an image of Polaroid then rasterizing this then merging the layers together to become one image.

Here is an image of me capturing an image on the screen screen:


Another image of one person being placed, saving another image of Polaroid then rasterizing this then merging the layers together to become one image. (This picture was used in one of my developmental drafts).

  • InDesign deals with the layout and composition of the page itself. I am now able to comfortably create a basic layout of a magazine and transfer conventional aspects to create a professional or near realistic media product.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0Kg9TS3kB8&feature=player_embedded#!

  • Illustrator specifically deals with 'graphics' and 'text'. I am now able to create graphics for titles which conveys a professional product. Positioning of text was made easy in the program as features such as 'text overflow' and 'text wrap' allowed for me to create a conventionally correct product.

No comments:

Post a Comment