Monday 19 November 2012

Analysis of magazine front covers on a particular genre, pop

Previously I have studied and analysed the form of magazine front covers, contents pages and double page sprerad articles. Through this research I have gained a clearer knowledge on how my magazine should be layed out and what vital codes and conventins are needed to create my music magazine. Following this research I have now began to research my chosen genre within magazines. My chosen genre is pop music therefore I have researched magazines that follow this genre and magazine that follows this are, Smash Hits, We Love Pop and Top of the Pops these are three well known magazine with the pop genre. I have annotated three front covers, double page spread and a contents page of pop music magazines to gain knowledge of this particular genre.
Through analysing I have discovered the common codes and conventions of the front cover page of a pop music magazine that are vital to create an effective, superior, bright and vibrant but eye catching magazine. The pop music genre has a clear targeted audience for the magazine which is fun, bubbly and energetic people and those interested in pop music hopefully will engage  in the magazine. The age group is clearly 8-15 years as most magazines cover quiz pages and prizes to win which would engage the reader of this age. With this research, I feel as though I am capable of creating a front cover for a pop music magazine as the codes and conventions are clear and I am fimiliar with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment